Welcome to my playground
This is my sandbox site that contains various demos and examples that don’t really fit any main projects I’m working on. Most of it is a scratch pad that might roll into a project or be parts I need to test out more. Generally, my blog, BenKnowsCode will reference this site.
The site was generated by Jekyll and I started it using Jekyll-Bootstrap. Since I didn’t need the blog aspect, I spent some time figuring out how to tweak it for a hierarchy of pages. I wanted to organize everything into projects so I leveraged the “group” meta-data on my pages to organize my pages. JB already has a template that will render a list of pages with a specific group so I setup basic path of navigation > projects > projectA and put my pages in corresponding directories.
Addtionally, since I had to add custom plugins to Jekyll, it won’t render correctly via the hosted GitHub Jekyll so I created a separate repo for the source and then push the generated content to my pages repo.
- To see how I set this up in the source, look at it in GitHub.
- To learn more about how I setup this site, look at this blog post.
- A Collection of Google Maps API Demos
- Experiments with Events - Custom, Triggers, and Other Ideas
- Building Applications with KnockoutJS
- jQuery UI Demo - Custom ColorBox Widget
- Using SVG with jQuery - Animations, Events, and Other Tricks
- CSS3 Transforms and Various Alignment Issues with jQuery
- Experiments, Tutorials, and Demos Using HTML Canvas
- Using the jQuery UI Widgets Library
- Building Applications with Backbone
- Various CSS Tricks and Hacks
- Extensions Collection Contains Enhancements to Existing jQuery UI Widgets
- MultiSearch is a Flexible Item Lists with Type Ahead Search
- Scrollable Enables Monitoring, Querying, or Changing a Target Element's Scroll Position
- Backbone.Fiber Extends Backbone to Enable Building More Modular Application
- A Basic Demo Illustrating the Use of Backbone.Fiber
- A Yeoman Generator for Backbone.Fiber Projects